0 Comments

Paris, May 31 The main suspect in the bombing last week in the French city of Lyon that wounded 14 people had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group, France’s counter-terrorism prosecutor said on Friday.

Remy Heitz said in a statement the 24-year-old man has admitted making the bomb and depositing the device in front of a bakery. He will be brought before an investigating judge.

The suspect, identified only as Mohamed Hichem M, was arrested on Monday. He arrived in France on a tourist visa in August 2017 but failed to leave again.

Police did not give his nationality but some French media reported that he was Algerian. He was unknown to police services before the incident.

He could be charged with attempted murder, criminal terrorist conspiracy and manufacturing, possessing and carrying an explosive device in relation with a terrorist undertaking.

Author

binutharakan5@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *